Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Samples Arrived!

I got a package with three EpicGrip samples in the mail today!!! And wow are they shiny! I knew they would be polished, but I had no idea they would be this nice.  My wife opened the pack and sent me this shot. The samples are literally mirror polished.  You can almost see the reflection of the trees.

When I got home, they were just as amazing as they were in the photo.


Since I only have the three samples, and there are 6 anodization options to show, I anodized, took pictures, and then buffed out the color, and then re-anodized the picks.  Everything colored up beautifully, but when when I went back to look at the pictures on the computer, the camera just didn't do the colors justice. I shot a bunch of different lighting conditions and different backgrounds, and it is just near impossible to capture the blue and purple that you can see when you hold it in your hands.


So below are the anodizing options:


Top row:
Raw Ti, Blue, Purple

Bottom row:
Golden, Fire Anodized, Gradient.
Note that the Fire anodized and gradient options will vary in pattern based on the variable nature of the anodizing process.


Here are a couple of the purple in the sun:



If you want a better sense of the true colors, the gradient photo in the original Kickstarter post is a LOT closer to the actual blue/purple/gold colors.  I'll have to remember how I shot that one... :)


One last macro that really shows off the nice beveled edges.

More soon...
cheers, and happy strumming,
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment